This Tech Tuesday, we are letting you in on some web design trends that are predicted to be BEEEEG in 2021:
- Accessibility for disabled users. This includes features like captions, voice search capabilities, smart speakers and simplified navigation.
- Video backgrounds. This may seem resource-heavy, but designers are finding clever ways to compress video and use them instead of regular sliders.
- Minimalistic themes. Argh. We aren’t big on these, but hey, each to their own.
- Hand-in-hand with minimalistic themes is white space. White space helps to draw attention to the important content being offered.
- 3D Virtual reality. This has grown out of businesses needing to survive the global pandemic. From real estate, to museum tours, this feature is only expected to grow in 2021.
- Big e-commerce enhancements. With online retail becoming a way of life, what did we expect, right? Luckily, we’ve had our finger on the pulse of e-commerce sites all along!
- Even more mobile friendly sites. This was a given, as more and more people access the internet through mobile devices.